Mount Prospect Lawyers for Last Will and Testament
We’ve all heard the adage “There’s no time like the present.”
When it comes to our clients, we’d amend it to say: “There’s also no time like the present to plan for the future.”
At Thrun, Tallman & Cohn, Ltd., in Mount Prospect, Illinois, our experienced attorneys represent clients at all stages of life who wish to preserve their personal freedoms and protect their financial legacies from the ravages of time.
See That Your Wishes Are Followed | Des Plaines Probate Attorneys
Our clients come to us with two important concerns. Younger clients frequently ask us to structure their assets so their children will have money for education and necessities, but so that the money will not be squandered. Our older clients often want to control their health care and ensure their assets will be distributed as they wish.
Whatever your stage or station in life, our lawyers can help you draft sound legal documents so that when the inevitable occurs, your wishes will be followed, your assets will be managed, and that your estate will not be tied up in divisive probate litigation. We can also seek to limit the tax burdens borne by you, your estate and your heirs.
At Thrun, Tallman & Cohn, Ltd., we assist our clients with these and other legal documents:
- Wills or Simple Wills: A will allows you to direct where your assets and property will go when you die. By drafting a clear will, we can give your loved ones a roadmap that can prevent unnecessary fighting over your estate.
- Revocable living trusts: A trust is a legal and financial vehicle that can benefit any person or organization you choose. Our law firm can help you protect your assets by establishing revocable trusts that you control during your lifetime.
- Powers of attorney: Our lawyers can help you choose an administrator or trustee who can manage your assets, sign legally binding documents and make important financial decisions when you are mentally or physically unable to do so.
- Health care directives or proxies or living wills: A health care directive (sometimes called a living will) can legally obligate health care practitioners to provide or refrain from certain medical care, according to your wishes. A health care proxy appoints a person to make your medical decisions for you. Our attorneys can draft these documents to your specifications.
- Probate administration: We can help you appoint a representative of your choice to probate your will after your death, create an inventory of your possessions, file your tax post-death tax returns, pay your creditors and distribute your assets according to your wishes.
Avoid Probate, Preserve Family Harmony | Mount Prospect Attorneys for Last Will and Testament
If you are unable to leave your home, call us and one of our lawyers will come to you. Contact us online at Thrun, Tallman & Cohn, Ltd., in Mount Prospect, Illinois, or call 847-255-6355.