E-mail MeBradley M Cohn
Brad focuses his practice in two primary areas: business matters and real estate.
Brad consults with the owners and managers of existing businesses in their day-to-day operations including the preparation, review and negotiation of all types of contracts including employment agreements, confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements, leases, loan documents, asset and stock sale agreements and agreements between shareholders. He also works with individuals looking to incorporate or buy an existing business and those who wish to form a new business entity, a partnership, corporation or limited liability company. Brad works closely with his clients’ accountants and other advisors to ensure that each client’s needs are satisfied. Brad’s business clients include grocery stores, restaurants and franchisees, physician and other professional practices, sales organizations and business consultants.
Brad represents both buyers and sellers of residential and commercial real estate as well as landlords and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of their leases. He also has experience representing homeowners’ associations in the drafting and enforcement of their by-laws and rules and regulations. Brad has been a licensed real estate broker in Illinois since 1982.
Member of the Illinois State Bar Association and the following sections:
Corporate, Securities & Business Law
Labor & Employment
General Practice, Solo & Small Firm
Real Estate Broker
For nearly 20 years, Brad was a member of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee of the Center For Enriched Living in Riverwoods, IL
Member of the Sports Car Club of America since 1989.
Areas of Practice
- 60% Business Transactions, Organizations and Contracts
- 40% Real Estate Purchases, Sales and Leasing
- Illinois, 1978
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1978
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- J.D. - 1978
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- B.A. - 1975
- Major: Psychology
- Major: Religion
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, 1978 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Hanson & Shire, P.C. , Associate , 1978 - 1987
- PrimeSource Healthcare Systems, Inc. , General Counsel, 2002 - 2010
Pro Bono Activities
- Center For Enriched Living - Board Member, 1990 - 2009
- CEL Board Emeritus, 2009 - Present
- Alpha Epsilon Pi